Mumbai: The King of Bollywood Shah Rukh Khan who has ruled over the hearts of people all over the world is celebrating today his 53rd birthday.The timeless and widely-adored star stands as the face of Bollywood has dazzled the world through his charm and undying talents.
On his 53rd birthday, we look back at some of the rare moments of the megastar that remained away from the public eye.
There are superstars and then there’s Shah Rukh Khan. He’s no longer just another actor who you like seeing on screen or a star you are absolutely cray cray about. He’s reached an altogether different level of stardom. Something which was missing from Hindi cinema for a long time. He’s a demi God to say the least. He’s an institution when it comes to wit, charm, talent and charisma. He’s a brand bigger than any in the world. A fantastic actor, a successful producer, a force to recon with in sports and a complete family man… SRK is all the best things of the universe rolled into one.
Either you can say you don’t need a reason to love SRK or you will simply go the ‘oh-there-are-a-million-reasons’ route. As he celebrates the golden jubilee of his life, we take the easy route and give you 53 reasons why we love the Baadshah.
- Because he’s the commoner who became the king. His rags to riches story has inspired thousands of aspiring actors.
2. Because he breaks the myth of actors being dumb and college drop-outs. He holds a Masters degree in Mass Communications from the renowned Jamia Millia University and his vast knowledge make him a human encyclopedia.
3. Because he has struggled it out and how! After losing both parents at an early age, he took care of his sister and made it big on his own. Without any “Godfathers”.
4. Because he infused new life in Indian television with his shows Fauji and Circus.
5. Because with his big screen debut, Deewana, he changed the way heroes looked on screen. Action hero out, chocolate boy in.
6. Because he soon took a different route and changed his image with Darr and Baazigar. Evil was never this sexy.
7. Because with Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaayenge, he gave us the most romantic hero of all time and he became India’s favourite lover boy.
8. Because of Shah Rukh Khan, we take an instant liking to any person named Rahul and Raj.
9. Because boys can be divided into two categories. The one who can stretch their arms like SRK and the ones who can’t.
10. Because his dimples can brighten up any dull day.
- Because no one ever enacted college romance on screen the way Shah Rukh did.
12. Because he made us all realise the importance of friendship. After all, pyaar dosti hai.
13. Because he even made us believe that life is all about loving your parents.
14. Because he’s one part of the legendary and the most iconic SRK-Kajol pair.
15. Because his personal love story with Gauri is the stuff sweet dreams are made of.
16. Because he has tremendous respect for women. Take this quote as an example – “I don’t think women should be equal to men. They should be ahead of them.”
17. Because he’s completely secular. He’s a Muslim who married a Hindu but didn’t alter either religion. Diwali and Eid are celebrated with equal fervor in the Khan household.
18. Because he gave Mumbai a popular landmark with Mannat.
19. Because he looks good with any actress.
20. Because he can be easily called the best father in the world.
- Because he’s fifty but still has childlike enthusiasm when it comes to video games.
22. Because his energy is infectious, legendary, undisputable and can charge an entire country.
23. Because he’s way funnier than any stand-up comedian in the country.
24. Because when SRK cries, you cry too.
25. Because SRK is sexy. Period.
26. Because his wit makes us all go wheee!
27. Because he made us fall in love with the ‘70s with Main Hoon Na and Om Shanti Om.
28. Because we all wanted to join NASA after watching him in Swades.
29. Because he can sell anything from a car to a vest. Haven’t you heard the famous “SRK sells” phrase yet?
30. Because along with Dilip Kumar and Amitabh Bachchan, he’s the only one who can be a representative of Indian cinema.
- Because he’s the right balance of art and mart.
32. Because with Chak De! India he gave us goosebumps which we still feel.
33. Because sattar minute is one of the most epic monologue ever delivered in Hindi cinema.
34. Because SRK looks great, with or without the stubble.
35. Because he’s a visionary and a smart businessman. Red Chillies Entertainment is one of the most profitable companies for a reason.
36. Because he dreams big and has started the most advanced VFX company in India.
37. Because at 14, he’s the actor with the maximum Filmfare Awards.
38. Because he’s the one who can pull the maximum crowd to the theaters. His last film, Happy New Year, still enjoys the record of having the highest single day collections (Rs. 44 crore).
39. Because his marketing and promotional strategies are already a part of management case studies.
40. Because he’s the perfect mix of humility and arrogance.
- Because with 8-pack abs, he’s fitter than most of the other actors in the industry.
42. Because he was one of the first Indians to be waxed at the Madame Tussauds Museum.
43. Because he made India proud with International honours like Legion d’honneur and recently a doctorate from the Edinburgh University.
44. Because India has never seen a more charming television host than him.
45. Because his tweets are what you look forward to read. Funny, witty, deep, philosophical… it’s all there.
46. Because he made non-cricket fans turn to the sport.
47. Because even if you’re not a Bengali, you still cheer and sing Korbo Lorbo Jeetbo.
48. He can go to any extent to make his fans happy. Be it climbing on top of the fence outside his house or going around various cities to meet and greet them… he gives back the love.
49. Because he’s a trendsetter and is one of the most fashionable personalities in India.
50. Because he’s 53 now and we all want to love him for the next 53 years too.
51. Because thanks to him, 53’s never looked this deliciously sexy!
52. The way King Khan still holds ladylove Gauri Khan’s hands, still makes our hearts melt in wonder.
53. Because he always makes us eager to watch his films, the latest one being Zero.